Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Ultrasound?

April 15, 2008- 21 weeks 1 day

I was with several of my friends eating in Kansas City when I got a call from our primary doctor's nurse that said the ultrasound didn't show everything that it needed to and that the Radiologist that reads the ultrasounds at our hospital thought that there might be a possibly displaced heart. I was shocked and met with my primary doctor that afternoon after I got back from Kansas City. I discussed it the Dr. Feuerbacher and he said it could be nothing or it could be something but we needed to go to Kansas City at St. Luke's to have a level II ultrasound. I guess that I didn't really think anything of it considering the Ultrasound technician said that she didn't see anything abnormal when she was taking the pictures.

I asked if we could wait until some time in May because I was just finishing up with RN school and had a lot of tests to finish up with and was still working and my schedule was so crazy. He said no that he wanted it to be done as soon as possible to ensure that nothing was wrong. He made an appointment for us to go to St. Luke's on the following Friday. I went home and told Brian the news, but we really didn't think too much more about it and just figured it was an ultrasound error.

No comments: