Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Monday, May 19, 2008

From the beginning..

December 20, 2007- 4 weeks 4 days

I am a nurse at St. Francis Hospital in Maryville Missouri, it is really small and had was working the beginning of my 12 hour shift when I knew that I was developing yet another urinary tract infection. So I called down to the clinic to get an appointment with my doctor during my lunch break to get some antibiotics. When I met with Dr. F. he asked me if there could be any way I could be pregnant. I told him that i had went off the pill in October and my husband Brian and I were ''just going to see what happened". He decided to do a pregnancy test, but I had no signs or symptoms so I just figured it was pretty precautionary.

Dr. F. came back into the room a few minutes after I gave my urine sample and said "Congratulations!". I said "I knew it, I can always tell when I have a UTI". To that comment he replied..."Yes you do...but you are pregnant!" Wow, what a shock. I was kind of in a daze considering that I wasn't at all expecting that sort of news. The next challenge was to determine how far along I was. Of course I couldn't remember the date of my last menstrual cycle, so we just made an educated guess and thought I was about 7 weeks along. Later that afternoon I called Brian and let him know the news, we were shocked but so excited!

No comments: