Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Little Kick Boxer?

Is our little girl going to be a kick boxer? She is kicking and moving around all the time. I am now working nights at the hospital and she is so active starting around 1 am and continues until around 4 am! Then when I go home to try to get some sleep, she starts in again around 11 and continues into the afternoon, when does she ever sleep, God knows she doesn't let me sleep too long. I have been in awe of how much she moves around in there, it is so great to feel her moving all the time and you can actually see my belly "jumping" up and down from the outside. Hopefully this is a great sign of a strong willed baby girl, which I know she will be.
Still thinking about names, but nothing confirmed yet. Brian and I can't agree on one, who knows we might not know until she is born. Not much else, just working and trying to get some rest. We are still doing a lot of research on CDH and have been watching some of the other CDH babies blogs very close including the two babies that are currently at Children's Mercy. Sofie is getting ready to go home (we met her and her dad on our tour of the NICU) and now Kinley is in the NICU and doing well (only 2 days old!). The stories of other parents that have been going through the same thing is so reassuring and provide us with hope and positive attitudes that CDH can and has been beat! Thank you to everyone who has left comments on our blog, sent cards and the positive phone calls, they all mean so much and the continued support will help us stay in good spirits until we finally get to meet our baby girl. Keep the thoughts and prayers coming for not only our baby but the other families and babies battling with CDH.

8 comments:

Fat People Eat Healthy Too! said...

I'm glad to hear your little girl is so active! Ethan is very active still and he's about 5 weeks from full-term. You are so right about finding hope and comfort in reading the stories of others that have gone through this or who are still going through it! There are no others out there that can even begin to understand what we go through, but others that are going through it or have gone through it. It's like the club you never knew about, and one you found out about it, you never wanted to be a member, but got voted in against your will.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers, along with all families that have been dealt the hand that is CDH.

Stacey

Jen said...

Almost all moms of CDH babies say their CDH baby was by far the most active in utero. I think it just goes to show what very strong willed little fighters they are. Sofia was most definitely a wild kicker and she came out fighting and had to be restrained - with 2 different types of restraints! Enjoy all those wonderful kicks!

Jen Miller
Sofia's Mommy

Kevin and Kathy Melcher said...

Kathy, Kinley and I are glad to hear that you, Brian and baby (to be named later) are doing well. Kinley always seemed to be the most active right when Kathy would get into bed. We know that it is not close, but please feel free to come by and visit Kinley if you would like. We are here most of the time. If not, we have access to e-mail if you have any questions. We will be thinking of you and checking the blog often.

FaithCDH said...

I remember going through all of the same feelings. We were diagnosed at 20 weeks.

The LHR will continue to go down as the baby grows. We delivered at U of Michigan.

I know one family who had the fetal surgery and he is almost a year old. He had many things stacked against him besides CDH. He was a candidate for EXIT to ECMO. His CP is ethandouglas.

I have a friend who has an almost one year old and her case was very similar to yours. If you would like to email her, send me and email and I could get you two in contact.

Mr. Vorthmann said...

So good to ready your update Kitten! Annie and I are praying for you, Brian, and little baby Reed everyday! Stop by and see us if you're ever on the way down or back from Childrens!

Mary T said...

Hi Cassi, Brian and Little Miss Baby Girl Reed~good to hear your little angel baby is so active and already keeping you up, she is preparing your for what's to come! And that's a good thing! Some of your most precious memories will be made while you two bond when Daddy is sleeping! Your little girl comes from a pretty strong willed family background, she's going to be a fighter...just like her grandpa vorthmann and her momma! Our prayers continue for the three of you and for all the babies and families with CDH. Take care of yourself and get rest when you can. We continue to storm heaven with prayers for Baby Girl Reed and her parents.
BeLieVe iN MiRaCLeS!!
Thoughts & prayers always,
Mary Beth

*super dude and super dog* said...

I came across your story while on night shift at work (like you!) and browsing other CDH blogs. I am 22 weeks pregnant and on May 30 we found out that we are having a boy and about 20 minutes later, that he has CDH. My due date is 10/12/08 and we have chosen to go to Duke in NC, because we live in eastern NC. I'd love to share, chat, and keep in touch during this journey. Feel free to check out our blog and email me at:
kzmyers@Yahoo.com

We'll keep your family in our prayers!

Fer said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that my family is praying for your baby girl. I am mom to Juan Pablo, now 12 months old and he is a survivor of CDH. He has a right sided diaphragm eventration, which is a rare type of CDH, and it's been a journey, but thanks to it I've met WONDERFUL people and support. If you want to visit my blog, please send me an email to maferarceamare@gmail so I can send you an invite.

My husband is a doctor, so I kind of understand that you, being a nurse, thinks of the worse case scenario, at least that's what he does and it scares him because he has so much information than me, wich am not a doctor.