Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Monday, May 19, 2008

What a long weekend

April 28, 2008- 23 weeks

Monday morning and I am off to school as usual and Brian is off to work. Both of us with so much on our mind, the weekend had been in anticipation of today and the inital resluts of the amniocentesis. I had a test that morning that I didn't study for because I wasnt able to concentrate at all that weekend as we had gone to Iowa and told my parents the news. The genitic nurse counselor said that she would call us Monday morning with the results of the chrosome matching. What we were looking for was that all chromosomes had a match and that there were no triplet chrosomes also known as trisomy deformities. These are Trisomy 13, 18, and 21. These were our worst nightmare and were not compatible with life.

At 10:00 I called Brian and asked if he had heard anything yet, since they were going to call his phone instead of mine since I would be in class all day. He said not yet, but he would let me know as soon as he did. The next hours were torture. I was eating lunch at 12:30 and decided to call once agin, and again he had heard nothing but would call when he did. I appologized for calling so much while he was working but I just needed to know. Brian said he loved me and would call just as soon as he got off the phone with anyone with any news.

1:03 the phone rang and I got up and left in the middle of class (which i absolutley hate when people do, but at this point didnt care) and Brian gave me the news. All chromosomes are matched 1:1 and it is confirmed that it is a Girl! Oh My God what a releif. At least we knew that there would at least be a chance for her to make it. We talked a little bit longer and continuted our days eager to spend the evening celebrating or first hurdle avoided, but the lingering tests that would not be confirmed for at least another week were in the backs of our minds.

No comments: