Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Friday, June 20, 2008

On the 2 week Plan

Friday June 20, 2008 - 30 weeks 5 days

1st off Happy Birthday to my sister Staci as she is celebrating in Iowa today, preparing to be the best Auntie ever!

I had a routine check up at St. Francis with Dr. Feuerbacher today, as I am now seeing him every two weeks. Everything looked pretty good, I am measuring at a little over 33 weeks. He measures from my pelvic bone to the tip of my fundus. This generally correlates to how many weeks along you are, but since my amniotic fluid has increased, so has the size of my belly, making it look as if I am farther along than I really am. My blood pressure was fine as was my weight ( a number I will never disclose ). We talked about the appointment that I had on Wednesday, since Dr. Feuerbacher is about 10 days behind, I usually give him the scoop before he gets the written reports from Dr. Gray in KC.

All in all I am feeling pretty good, tired, but good. My feet have really started swelling more and more, so I decided to treat myself to a pedicure today. It felt amazing. We are heading out of town for a wedding this weekend and I will be taking my NCLEX (state board of nursing test) tomorrow morning in Kansas City. We will try to take some cute pictures so all those who haven't seen me for a while can check out my "baby bump" as my best friend Darci puts it. I am pretty sure I surpassed the "bump" phase about 10 weeks ago, but who knows.

Sounds like baby Kinley is having a pretty rocky 48 hours post operation, so please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers ( and it's okay to slip one extra in for me to pass my NCLEX). As always, thanks for the overwhelming support. Love to see all the turquoise bracelets, especially at my work. We have decided to order a bunch more since we are currently out. So everyone is soon to have one.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Cassi, good luck on the NCLEX, you'll do great! Don't worry - everyone leaves that test feeling like they flunked. It's the weirdest test ever! I know when my screen shut off after 75 questions, I was like "NO! Please come back on - I can answer more!!" I felt like I did awful, but I passed and you will too.

Jen Miller

Fer said...

My prayers are with you.

Kevin and Kathy Melcher said...

Cassi, hope your test went well and you can relax a little now. Thanks for keeping Kinley in your prayers. I think all the extra support from everyone is really helping her fight (and it also helps Kevin and I). It was so nice to meet you two last week. Thanks for stopping by CMH, our home away from home for the past month. If you have any questions or need anything please let us know.

Jerad and Amanda said...

Cassi - It was great to see you and Brian at the wedding this weekend! I have some great pictures to share. You looked stunning. Have Brian give me a call to get my email and I can send them out to you guys. Jerad and I are wearing our new bracelets proudly....thanks for sharing with us.

Amanda