Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wristbands are HERE!

Thursday June 12, 2008- 29 weeks 4 days

While taking a nap this afternoon after working last night I heard someone at the door. Brian answered it and it was our Wristbands- I ordered them about 2 weeks ago for our friends and family to wear to show support for not only our baby girl but Brian and I. I know I am officially a nerd, but I am really excited to see all our friends and family wearing the turquoise wristbands. We are going to try our best to try to hand them out whenever we see everyone and are planning on mailing some out to those we don't get to see as often as we want. I am super excited and even put one on Gabby for a little collar (evidence that I am really a dork). A little FYI if anyone wants one that we don't see very often- just leave a message on the blog and I will be happy to mail them out since they weigh practically nothing. Also, this way we can spread the word about CDH Awareness and get our website out to anyone that doesn't have it ( it's on the back of the wristband). OK well get excited to proudly wear turquoise (oddly enough it's the same as our wedding color) Yikes my dorkeyness is even amazing me. I will stop now before I scare people off.

P.S. All the "cool" kids will be wearing one so don't be left out! Let us know if you want one!

9 comments:

Joan said...

Good morning Cassi and Brian. You have been in my thoughts a lot and I am hoping and praying for the best for your little girl and for both of you.

I would be proud to wear one of the wristbands in honor of all of you.

Love to you all.

Aunt Joan

Grandma Reed said...

The wrist bands you have given me are gone already and the one I was wearing I gave to someone at work.
I love being dorky! Especially for such a good reason. I'll need some for Jeanie too.
Good luck this week on your appointment. I am praying for no changes for the worse.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spread CDH awareness! If you don't mind I would like two for my husband and myself.

Please email me at jes_singletary@yahoo.com for our information.

Your wedding pic is gorgeous by the way!

gma2be said...

hey kids,
gpa2be and gma2be are proudly wearing our wristbands. gave greatgma2be and greatgpa2be theirs last night, both put them on immediately. aunt staci has hers on too! praying for you all that only good news comes wednesday. missed you this weekend mizzy! not the same working on the money pit without you!

love ya much
mom

Mary T said...

Mary T said...
Hey Cassi, Thanks for the bracelets. I love the color, matches the colors from your wedding. I gave one bracelet to Missi and I have the other one on. Just wanted to thank you and let you know I AM proud to wear it. If you're a nerd or a dork, that makes me one, too because I think it's awesome that you had them made and passed them around to your family and friends. Crazy husband anyway! Our prayers continue to storm the gates of heaven for you both and especially for your little baby girl. Can't wait to meet her. She is loved so much already, can't wait to get a hand at spoiling her. Do you have any favorite colors you like for her? Some mom's DO NOT like pink for their daughters. Can you give me a hint? PLEASE.
I'll be thinking about you today when you go to the doctor. Praying for positive information ONLY! I think you have an amazing little girl, a little fiesty (from all the boxing)that's a good thing, she's going to come into this world with boxing gloves on fighting!
I check your site often for new updates. Sending prayers, love and hugs to you. BeLieVe iN MiRaCLeS!!!!!!
Love ya, Mary Beth
P.S.Thanks again for the bracelets! I already got to tell three people who and what it is for! thank you...thank you..... thank you!!!!!

naneeksk said...

hey you 2 just thinking about you.
we are dorky in the STL

PineapplePrincessMama said...

Hi-I am the mama to a CDH baby and wanted to wish you luck in your journey ahead (and give you hope while you wait!)

Please feel free to email me!

Libby
Mama to Makena LCDH 9/30/06
www.caringbridge.org/visit/makena

Robin82 said...

hey i was wondering how we could get quite a few of those bracelets. if you could either email me at rubyredzx2@hotmail.com that would be awesome i found your blog thru Kinleys blog i work with kathy so we just all want her to know how much we miss her and how much we are praying for her and supporting her in any way we can so if you could get back to me that would AWESOME! THanks RObin

- said...

Hey, B and Cassi!

Justin and I have been making sure to keep you in our thoughts and prayers and and we are very excited to meet her!

If you have any wristbands left, we'd certainly be proud to wear one. We've been talking about it to people here in Overland Park about it (and we're trying to learn as much about it as we can). We weren't familiar with it at all until the baby was diagnosed.

Hope we get to see you the next time we're in the 'Ville.

Love you!
-Jenny