Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Monday, July 21, 2008

Oops..I spoke too soon-

July 21, 2008 ~ 35 weeks 1 day

I guess that I spoke too soon. When everyone says "oh you are going to be the biggest when it is the hottest, your going to be miserable" I would always reply...oh the heat doesn't bother me, I love the summer and enjoy (or used to enjoy) just laying out or going to the pool. For sure, I retract that statement, this Missouri heat is insane...100 degree + heat index. Just getting groceries and dog food today, I walked out of Walmart looking if I had just got out of the shower...yuck! When I got home I didn't even unload the non-perishable items, poor hubby will have to unload that when he gets home from work.. Thank goodness for air conditioning, I will be paying our electric bill with a smile this month.

Please send up some extra prayers for Sofie in Kansas City as she has completely reherniated and has a loop of bowel in her right chest cavity. She will be having surgery this evening, she has already been through so much, so please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. There is a link to her blog page from ours on the right hand side of our page if anyone wants to know how everything goes.

Oh one more thing, I heard that there were a ton of turquoise CDH wristbands walking around this weekend at the Nodaway County fair from several different people, so thank you to everyone for the continued support, the little lady will be here so soon! Thanks again- Brian and Cassi

7 comments:

Vicki Jensen said...

If you can go swimming that feels great. Jack was born last August so I was my biggest in the summer. I would float in my pool all the time. It keeps you cool and takes the pressure off you from the baby weight!

Jen said...

Cassi and Brian,

Thanks for the prayers-it means a lot to us and Sofie too! I feel your pain to a much lesser degree as your fellow Missourian in this heat. I was just telling Kenny last night, "it's so hot! I can't imagine being pregnant right now!" My hat's off to you, stay cool in the pool!

Jen Miller

Grandma Reed said...

I am praying for Sofie and her family. How frustrating and scary this must be. My heart goes out to them.
Swimming does help. We were in GA and the humidity there was worse than MO. Brian was born in CO and it was much better there. I was not miserable there.
Sounds like your hubby had a miserable day in the heat too. Drink lots!
God Bless You and Keep You.

Jerad and Amanda said...

There are tourquoise CDH wristbands walking around Minnesota too. I have had so many people ask me about it and I get the chance to educate them to the best of my ability. I am praying for Sophie and for the healthy birth of Baby Girl Reed!

Heather said...

Cassi and Brian,
I hope you get some relief from the heat. I am baby Will's mom. Thanks for keeping up with our blog and praying for our family. Matt and I are keeping your family in our prayers too. It looks like we are going to be facing our CDH battles at the same time. We are as ready as we are going to be but I am hoping that we can keep baby Will in my tunny as long as possible. We were hoping for 8/8/08 but now I think we are going to try to wait for my due date 8/17/2008. Try not to worry too much about Baby girl Reed's weight. The Ultra-Sound is really not that good at predicting weight. It is not that suprising for them to be off by 2 pounds or more. Will has chubby cheeks too. We are not sure where they came from either - but they sure are cute. Please feel free to contact me anytime. My email is heather.r.morgan@gmail.com.
With prayers,
Heather

Lara said...

Cassi
I have been praying for you and your baby girl!
I am so proud of the positive attitude you portray in your blog. It takes a lot of strength to go through what you and Brian are dealing with.
Staci keeps me updated when I call.
Do you have a name picked out?
Take care Cassi,
Lara

- said...

Well, we've been proudly wearing our bracelets here in Overland Park. There has been such an overwhelming response from others wanting to know about CDH (so I've had to do me some studying).

I'm so sorry that you are having to endure this heat. I am outside with the kids in my class and I get pretty miserable. I cannot even imagine how you must be feeling.

Hope it all gets better soon (for you and B both) and we can't wait to meet your daughter!!!

Much love to both of you! We're keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers.