Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Monday, August 25, 2008

Always Changing

This morning the nurse manger Barb decided that Elli could have her scalp IV taken out because it was no longer good. She said that since it was a peripheral site and had been clotted off, it was safe to take it out without risking Elli bleeding. She used this special cleanser so the tape would come right off and it didn't even rip any of her hair out. Elli didn't even notice that she took it out, and didn't move the whole time...what a good girl! So now she is in dire need of a shampoo and style, but for now we will let her proudly display her bed head hair.

Last night when I got up to pump around 3:00, I called to check on Elli, the night nurse Angel who has been on with Elli 4 of the 6 nights she has been at CMH said Elli was doing pretty good. Last night before we left, Elli had her labs drawn. At CHM they work off a protocol that if her Hematacrit is below 40, then she can have a unit of blood, unfortunately yesterday afternoon her Hct was 40.5 so she couldn't have any. Both Angel and I were crossing our fingers that it would be just low enough that she could have a unit during the night to keep her happy. The results came back and it was just low enough that she got what she wanted. Angel actually pumped her fist in the air and said "yes". During the night they decided to wean Elli's Dopamine, she started out the night on 12 mcg and by this morning she was weaned completely off, although her pressures have been considerably lower today, but Elli continues to have great color, is profusing well, and keeps peeing like a champ.

Elli ran her roommate out,(she was stable enough to leave the ECMO room) and now we are back to having the room to ourselves for the time being. Dr. A talked to us this morning about possibly going up a little bit on the Dopmaine, but the team has not yet made rounds, so the daily plan is still up in the air. Also, the area on her neck seems to be about the same today as yesterday, but it hasn't really been discussed.

Another change is to our website. Last night Brian and I were talking about how cool it would be to know who was getting on, considering we know that not everyone that visits the site posts comments, so we thought we would put a hit counter on our website, and holy cow, by this morning the site had been visited over 600 times! That is so awesome to know how many times people are visiting the site to check on Elli's progress. Also we put a live feed at the bottom that shows where people log onto the site from, we couldn't believe how far away some of the people who visited the site were from. It's pretty neat if anyone wants to check it out, it is at the bottom right of our page. So yah, for the Reeds, things are always changing!

24 comments:

KimShep said...

Glad to hear Elli had a good night. Continue to love the updates. I continue to pray for you all. Talk to you soon!!!
-KIM-

Jerad and Amanda said...

I am so happy she is doing so well. I think she is a girl of independence. I love the pictures of her and her Sugar Bear.

gma2be said...

hello reed family
i tink of those 600 "hits" at least 400 were from your MOTHER!!! Dad said that i should stay busy and not just sit and look at the screen. hard not to. thanks soooo much for the update. now i can get to work cleaning your house for the carpet layers tomorrow. glad that the iv in elli's head came out so well. keeping good thoughts for a "boring" day. love you all. hugs & kisses to Elli

Ashley-RN said...

Glad to hear that things are going well with Elli, I hope that things continue to stay "boring." She is so cute and sounds like she already has a mind of her own! I am always checking the site, continued thoughts and prayers.

-Ashley-

- said...

Glad to hear Elli is doing well. As always, let us know if we can do anything to help. We are constantly praying for Elliott.

Love all three of you!
-Jenny

Brooke said...

Glad to see it's another great day for Ms. Elli Reed!!
Brooke

Newman family said...

Hello Reed family,
Jason Newman and family here, I work with Shirley. Want to let you know that we are praying for Elli daily. Prayer chains are taking off fast and the word is spreading. Elli is a beautiful little girl and we will continue to pray for healing and strength.

God Bless,

Jason

cbgricci said...

Good to hear of another good night for Elli. I hope mom and dad are getting some rest also. We will continue to keep the three of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Colin, Brandi & Grace Ricci

~jazzerbrynn~ said...

Hi Cassi and Brian! This is my first comment, but I've been following your blog and think of you and your beautiful baby girl often! She really is a fighter, and so are the two of you - you've got a lot of strength! I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and pray for baby Elli!!!

Jessica Houston

KOrr said...

Cassie, I met you briefly at Darci's bridal shower and my heart goes out to you and your beautiful Elli. From one Mom to the next, I admire your strength as you sit with Elli daily. We will continue to pray for you and your family.
~Katie Orr

Tracy Meats said...

Go Elli Go!! Keep fighting little girl! Love reading your updates and sending many positive thoughts and energy that she continues to get stronger. Many prayers for the entire Reed family during this very emotional time.

Tracy Meats - WY State Rep. for Cherubs and mom to Ian (LCDH, 4/3/04)

RLfast said...

Congratulations on your new baby bundle, Elli is one CUTE baby! Many prayers are going up for her and you guys as well...hoping for many good days ahead. I try and keep Ryan posted and have showed him the pics of how darn cute she is! Thinking of you all, Ryan & Lindsay Fast

commresbuysell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

It sounds like Elli is in the right track. Woohoo!

I check your blog everyday sometimes multiple times a day. I guess I am kind of addicting to reading up on all my favorite blogs and Elli is number one right now. I have walked the shoes that you are in right now and I may not be able to be their physical to show support but I can virtually. So hear I am rooting for Elli and praying every single day that she will soon be healthy and in her mommy and daddy's arms. Were she belongs.

I love the pic with all her hair! My son is seven months old and he still doesn't have that much hair!

Amber

commresbuysell said...

Great to her she had a good day yesterday. Staci told us all about her & how precious she is. We are keeping all of you in our prayers~!

shaylane said...

BRIAN AND CASSIE----SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! ALTHOUGH, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY SHE FAVORS HER MOMMY. GLAD TO HEAR THE GREAT NEWS. KEEP IT UP, ELLI. SHAYLI

C & A V. said...

Hey guys! So glad that Elli has had another good day. I am sooo in love with Elli after spending some time with her. Love you all too! See you soon.

Aunt Annie

amberthompson said...

We are very glad to here Elli is doing well. May God and Elli continue to amaze everyone with their miracles!! Hoping for more "boring" days...

Love,
Amber & Jesse Thompson

Jennifer said...

I'm glad Elli is doing well.

Mary T said...

Hey Cassi, Brian & Miss Elli,
1200! Can you believe 1200 people have already checked on your little Elli since you put the counter on? Now that's one loved baby. Hope Miss Elli is doing good today. I look for updates several times a day. I'm addicted to checking on her. She's just so precious, can't help but to look for new pictures and updates. Our prayers continue for all of you for strength as Miss Elli continues her journey. She has a great support team, with her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, medical staff and all her extended relatives.

BeLieVe iN MiRaCLeS!
Love to all,
MaryBeth

Chrissy said...

She is a beautiful little girl. We are praying for your new family and for the best for your sweet little Elli.

Love you,
Chrissy & Gerry & Grace Conant

Darcy said...

Hi Reeds,
I am so glad that Elli is doing so well and is stable and gaining strength. I love the new pic of Ellie at the top of the blog.
You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
And thanks for stopping by my blog to and leaving a comment, especially with all that you have happening!
darcy
http://ittybittyblog.wordpress.com

Lindsay Alexander said...

Hi Cass, I have been doing this wrong, so all of my comments to your blogs are replies in your email..SORRY!! Like you have time to check that too! I am so apprectiative that you take the time to keep us all updated.. I have been reading, praying and replying to the blogs!! She is BEAUTIFUL!! Just like her mommy!!! I am so proud of you all! She is convincing me that she is a fighter like her Mom! YEAH ELLI!!! Lot's of hugs to you, and lot's of prayers sent your way! And her hair looks great! Better than mine right now!!!:) Love the pics... Seeing your face would be good though too!! I haven't seen you for what seems like forever!!!! Oh, and Brian, thanks for being such a great husband to Cass, and a great daddy to Elli!!
Thoughts and prayers always, Lindsay

Auntie Annie's Mom said...

I'll be praying for all of you today and have also asked my co-workers to do the same. Hope you get another peak at her beautiful blue eyes before surgery. Like your Mom mentioned, I sometimes just sit and stare at her picture on the computer screen. She is so beautiful, and I can't wait to meet her! God be with you all! Carol Mathes