Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Anticipation

Sunday August 17, 2008 ~ 39 weeks

Spent the day with Brian picking up the garage and hanging out with the dogs, didn't do much else, seems like there was too much on our minds to do anything that productive, but it was so nice just to have the day for the two of us, Brian even made me fresh blueberry waffles for breakfast (he reminds me daily of how much I love him by all the little things). Finished packing up all our bags, I am pretty sure that I packed more for this trip than I did for our wedding/honeymoon in Jamaica! House is spotless, the dishwasher is running, trash all put out, last bills paid, all laundry done, and yet I feel like I am still forgetting to do something. I am sure that I will think about it tomorrow during labor, that is so like me. We will be leaving around 5 in the morning tomorrow in order to get to St. Luke's by 7 or 7:30, and as soon as we get settled and know that plan will let everyone know. We are so excited and so scared, words will never explain the anticipation we have had for our baby girl.

6 comments:

Amy AKA "Baba" said...

I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. Livi has two appts. at Children's tomorrow. I'll tell them to expect BGR follow-ups in the future :).

Jen said...

Cassi and Brian,

I'm thinking of you guys and praying for BGR! Hang in there as you start this wild ride. BGR will be in great hands at Children's. If you ever need anything, please let me know! jtmku@yahoo.com

Jen Miller

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way BGR!

*super dude and super dog* said...

Just don't forget your undies! When we went to Duke last week, we were in such a rush, I packed everything but forgot my undies so Brad had to go out and buy me more!
Thinking of you guys today.

PineapplePrincessMama said...

I'm thinking of you guys this morning, knowing the exact anticipation and fear that you're feeling (as do all of us CDH families!).
Hang in there and focus all of your energy on making sure BGR knows how loved she is! :)

Best,
Libby Cohen

Meg said...

Positive vibes headed your way Reed Family!
As a friend of the Miller's, I have witnessed the amazing strength these sweet lil' CDH babies exude.
I am sure your little one will amaze you like Super Sofie amazed us.
Megan