Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Dropped!

Tuesday August 12, 2008 ~ 38 weeks 2 days

I noticed yesterday when I went to put on my "comfy" shorts that they were extremely tight, didn't think much of it, and then I looked in the mirror. My little lady had dropped, and I mean big time, my bra's will have to do their job now that my tummy is not doing it for them. I cannot believe how much lower my stomach got overnight. I have always been carrying high, so now I feel like I have a medicine ball sitting on my bladder/hips. I fear that I now have the dreaded pregnancy "waddle" which I have not had until now, but seriously, it pretty much hurts to walk. I guess that is what women that have boys deal with from the beginning.

Brian had a several dreams last night about the delivery and he is convinced that I am going to naturally go into labor on Friday (which is his birthday). Who knows....but I am starting to feel the signs. I am curious to know if my cervix is changing at all because I have been having contractions off and on for the last couple of days. I know some are Braxton Hicks, but some just outright hurt.

I guess that I have learned a few things from this pregnancy- 1~Buy maternity clothes~ I on the other hand did not and now have nothing to wear after I give birth. I thought since I would either be at work ( in scrubs) or bumming around the house, I could just use Brian's wardrobe as my own and not have to buy anything and save a ton of money. Not the case, I cannot wonder around Children's Mercy in Brian's huge athletic shorts and stained up work shirts. I ventured to JC Penny today in an attempt to buy at least some pants...well since the little lady dropped yesterday, I am pretty sure my waist is about the size of a compact car. I did buy a few pairs of pants, not knowing if they will fit soon after I deliver, they fit in the butt and hips, but were pretty far from buttoning, I guess I will use the old hair-tie trick around the button for a while if I need to. So this is a warning, if I look like I just got done working out, I didn't, I just didn't buy maternity clothes when I should have. 2~ Flip-Flops are deceiving ~ They are so comfortable when you are not pregnant, and when your feet are all swollen up like you are wearing slippers, you would assume that the airiness of flip-flops will be like heaven on your feet, well that is not the case. I have repeatedly made the mistake of wearing flip-flops while working on the house, going shopping, or any other time that my feet required "shoes" and every time that I take them off, I still have the indention of where the straps were because the swelling pretty much engulfs them. You would think I would learn, but no, I continue to wear them. Next pregnancy I hope it is in the winter and then I won't be able to.

To all my fellow St. Francis Ladies- I will be back. Not for good, but I am going to work a few shifts a pay period after my 6 weeks of maternity leave so I can rub it in on how cute my little girl is, oh yeah and to see you all too!

We'll keep you posted if there is anything exciting going on before Monday, Brian said that he is even going to try this blog thing out on that first night, so it will be interesting to hear some news from his prospective. Thanks for all the continued support, it's amazing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are anxiously awating the arrival of sweet BGR! Know that we are thinking of y'all and sending tons of prayers your way too!

Jessica

Gillian Brown said...

Hi - been reading you're blog,Good luck for your new arrival.I'll keep an eye on your updates!
Love from Gil and Family in Scotland x (Kadens mum)

*super dude and super dog* said...

I guess I didn't realize how close you are to meeting that little princess. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the book recommendation--I've ordered it and can't wait for it to get here. If I end up on bed rest for the rest of the time, I'll need more recs! Good Luck!!!