Elliott Arcile Reed

Elliott Arcile Reed
6 lbs 8 oz 19 3/4 inches

Thursday, September 25, 2008

oops, forgot to tell the dogs

Okay, we must have forgot to tell the dogs that we were moving this weekend. Brian and I were taking down their pen this afternoon and they seemed very confused. We had their pen and houses loaded up and had to go to Brian's work and get a chain to pull the posts and Trigger must have thought we were leaving him behind because he chased us all the way to the corner of our land and finally stopped. Both he and Molly looked pretty relieved when we pulled back in the drive way a few minutes later.
Still on track to move this Saturday. I guess I am lacking motivation because I still haven't packed much. Okay I have not packed anything since before Elli was born. Shoot, I wish I was still nesting, I got so much done during that crazy week. I keep thinking that I will start any time, but it still hasn't happened. I guess that I will just wait for my family to come down and they can help me toss everything in boxes Saturday morning.
I went shopping with one of my close friends on Wednesday. Got a few house things, some new sheets for our beds, pillows for the new couch, and my bathroom stuff, well at least the shower curtain and some new towels to match. No luck yet on curtains. I "have" to get all new curtains and rods for every room. Went a few places, but didn't really see any that I had to have. Any suggestions for somewhere to get curtains and not have to take a 2nd on our house?
Still getting the "how you guys doing" question. I guess I am still breathing, standing, and fixing my hair, so I guess I am doing fine. But honestly how can I ever really be "fine" without Elli in my arms. Still struggling with this concept. My body (and my mind) keeps trying to tell me that I should be taking care of an almost 6 week old baby, but our house is silent with no baby in sight. I am having one regret, I wish that we would have contacted Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep NLMDTS, it is a non-profit photography service for bereaved parents. At the time, we didn't want to remember Elli after she passed away, we wanted to remember her with her eyes sparkling at the sight of her mommy and daddy. Now I really wish we would have had more pictures of her without all the tubes and wires. I was looking on the Internet last night at their work and it is not scary or gross (I thought at the time that it would be), they do it so tastefully in black and white and it is beautiful. I think that I just miss her and wish that I had more pictures to look at. I have a digital picture frame in my kitchen and I have stared at it for so many hours, I know what picture will be next.
Elli My Sweet~ We are moving sweetie, and you are going to be the easiest thing to pack, your memory travels with us everywhere we go. I know that you will be with us in our new house, bringing your warmth and spirit to it. I just wish you could physically be there with us, to feel the soft new carpet that we picked out just so you and daddy could play on the living room floor. Or to see the toy box that grandpa built so we could pick up all your toys when company came over, now we will just be putting blankets in it. I want to show you the room we painted for you, brown and pink, mommy's favorite colors right now. I want to show you everything sweet baby, but I know that you have already seen it all from heaven. It is going to be so hard to move into that new house without you, the only thing is that we will be closer to where you were laid to rest so I can stop and talk to you more, although I don't have to go there to talk to you, I do that everyday, everywhere. I am still so confused on why all this happened to you Elli. I wish that I had an answer, but know that I never will. So just give God a heads up, when I get there, it is going to be the 2nd thing I do, ask him simply..Why? What is the first you ask...why hold you in my arms and cover you in kisses, so he will probably have a good week or two before he gets my million dollar question, because it will take that long for me to put you down. Just remember Elli...Love leaves a Memory No One can Steal...I love you and miss you more every day. Daddy is so strong Elli, he is helping me so much, but he misses you so much too. We talk about you every day and thinking of all that you would have been makes us sad but also puts a smile on our face to think of you healthy, and perfect..free from pain and hurt. All the love in our aching hearts~ Mommy and Daddy
PS. we wont get the Internet for a while, so I will post new house pics as soon as we get the Internet back!...oh and sorry this was so darn long...oops

20 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Good luck on the move. I too am never prepared. I waited until everyone came over and bought a lot of pizza and beer since everyone stayed much longer because they were packing boxes with me. Can't wait to see pictures of your new house. I will pray for everyone to get you moved safely.

Take care,
Kaci

cbgricci said...

Good luck with the move. We will be thinking of you.
By the way, god took my grandpa into his arms on Saturday, very unexpectedly, and I have been asking myself why all week. He sure does have a lot of questions to answer! My grandpa is so blessed to be in heaven with beautiful little Elli. I told him to keep an eye on her for you!

Take Care,
Brandi Ricci

The true struggle of a lesbian christian said...

Cassi,
I was wasting tiem online when ran across this poem that made me think of you and Elli so I thought i would share it with you

I Hear Each Tear Fall On Her Face

My Mom doesn't know I'm watching her
but I'm watching her just the same.
And I hear each tear fall on her face
at the very mention of my name.

She says it sounds like music to her ears
and can be heard over a crowd.
Oh, I hear each tear fall on her face
when my name is said aloud.

I watch her stumble through each day
as she wishes the day would end.
And I hear each tear fall on her face
as she talks of me to her friends.

But there are few who truly understand.
Oh this I've heard her proclaim.
And I hear each tear fall on her face.

I know that her smiles light up a sky.
But I don't see that smile today.
Oh, but I hear each tear fall on her face.
Her blue skies have turned to gray.

Oh I send to her my warmest hug
with the rays of the morning sun.
Then, I won't hear a tear fall on her face.
For I shall erase them one by one.

Yes, my Mom doesn't know I'm watching her.
But I'm watching her just the same.
And if I hear a tear fall on her face
I'll just softly whisper her name!

Author Kaye Des'Ormeaux

Flordiagator said...

And God Said..

I said, "God, I hurt."
And God said, I know."

I said, "God, I cry a lot."
And God said, "That is why I gave you tears."

I said, "God, I am so depressed."
And God said, "That is why I gave you Sunshine."

I said, "God, life is so hard."
And God said, "That is why I gave you loved ones."

I said, "God, my loved one died."
And God said, "So did mine."

I said, "God, it is such a loss."
And God said, "I saw my son nailed to a cross."

I said, "God, but your loved one lives."
And God said, "So does yours."

I said, "God, where are they now?"
And God said, "Mine is on My right and yours is in the Light."

I said, "God, it hurts."
And God said, "I know."

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Good luck with everything and I hpe that your trip to the new house is safe. Thinking about you guys always.

Amy

Mary T said...

Cassi,
My little friend, Chloe Newman earned her Angel Wings in June of this year, she had leukemia. This was posted on her caringbridge site. I thought I'd share it with you. Precious Little Angel Elli touched so many people.
Little Soul
Not too long ago in Heaven there was a little soul who took wonder in observing the world..She especially enjoyed the love she saw there and often expressed this joy with God..One day however the little soul was sad, for on this day she saw suffering in the world..She approached God and sadly asked, "Why do bad things happen; why is there suffering in the world?"

God paused for a moment and replied, "Little soul, do not be sad, for the suffering you see unlocks the love in peoples' hearts." The little soul was confused..."What do You mean?" she asked...God replied, "Have you not noticed the goodness and love that is the offspring of that suffering? Look at how people come together, drop their differences and show their love and compassion for those who suffer..All their other motivations disappear and they become motivated by love alone."


The little soul began to understand and listened attentively as God continued, "The suffering soul unlocks the love in peoples' hearts much like the sun and rain unlock the flower within the seed..I created everyone with endless love in their heart, but unfortunately most people keep it locked up and hardly share it with anyone..They are afraid to let their love shine freely, because they are afraid of being hurt..But a suffering soul unlocks that love...I tell you this...it is the greatest miracle of all...Many souls have bravely chosen to go into the world and suffer..to unlock this love..to create this miracle..for the good of all humanity."


Just then the little soul got a wonderful idea and could hardly contain herself...with her wings fluttering, bouncing up and down, the little soul excitedly replied, "I am brave, let me go! I would love to go into the world and suffer so that I can unlock the goodness and love in peoples' hearts! I want to create that miracle!"

God smiled and said, "You are a brave soul I know, and thus I will grant your request..But even though you are very brave, you will not be able to do this alone..I have known since the beginning of time that you would ask for this and so I carefully selected many souls to care for you on your journey...These souls will help create your miracle; however, they will also share in your suffering...Two of these souls are most special and will care for you, help you and suffer along with you, far beyond the others...They have already chosen a name for you."

God and the brave little soul shared a smile, and then embraced..In parting, God said, "Do not forget little soul that I will be with you always..Although you have agreed to bear the pain, you will do so through My strength...And if the time should come when you feel that you have suffered enough, just say the word, think the thought, and you will be healed!"

Thus at that moment the brave little soul was born into the world; and through her suffering and God's strength, she unlocked the goodness and love in people's hearts....For so many people dropped their differences and came together to show their love...Priorities became properly aligned...People gave from their hearts...Those that were always too busy found time...Many began new spiritual journeys....Some regained lost Faith...Many came back to God...Parents hugged their children tighter...Friends and family grew closer..Old friends got together and new friendships were made...Distant family reunited and every family spent more time together..People checked a website and sent notes of encouragement..People made and brought meals to the family of the suffering..Everyone prayed..Peace and love reigned!..Lives changed forever....It was good...The world was a better place...The miracle had happened....God was pleased!
(By: John Alessi

Continuing to pray for strength, love, peace and understanding for you and Brian. You are so strong, stronger than you know.

Thanks for updating your blog, I've been missing your updates.

May you be blessed with Angel Kisses everyday from your precious little Angel Elli.
^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^

You will ALWAYS be
Angel (^j^) Elli's Mom.

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH

Love you all,
MaryBeth

Liz and Shane said...

Have a safe move. We are thinking of you.
Liz

- said...

B and Cassi,

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering about you. I'm notorious for not packing like I should too. I like to make other people help me do it. :) Looking forward to seeing the new photos.

Jus and I hope everything goes well with the move. If you need any help... just let us know.

Love you!
-Justin and Jenny

*super dude and super dog* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I hope the move goes smoothly. I love what you write about Elli. You have an amazing way of putting your thoughts and feelings into beautiful words.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the move! I'll miss you while you are without Internet! :(

Remember that death steals a life but not a relationship. Those memories that you and Brian shared with Elli will always be there and although this may sound funny you will create new memories with Elli in the new house.

I love you tons girl and I'm gonna miss you! Call me this weekend if you get a chance!

Jes

KimShep said...

Hey guys hope the move goes well this weekend. Appears that the weather is going to be good. Please let me know your address after you move and new phone number. Cassi I hope your interview goes well next week. Would love to hang out again after you all get settled in your new house. I am not that far away and we could do lunch or something or even pedicures like before. Talk to you guys soon!!! We are going to miss you sooooooo much at St Francis!!

Kim

Fer said...

Oh Cassi, everytime I read your blog I end up with tears in my eyes. I wish I could dod more than just praying. I'm here for you anytime.

Good luck on the move!

(((HUGS)))

Angie said...

The strength you continue to show throughout all of this has given me so much inspiration to be the best mommy! My little girl was sick for 9 days and I was feeling so bad for her, I wondered how you did it. Angel Elli has touched my heart so much and I enjoy checking in on you and seeing your journey. Good luck with your move...excited to see pictures. Always remember to keep talking to and about Miss Elli-she will always be with you.

Take care...
Angie

Kelli said...

Cassi~
Did I ever tell you how much you make me giggle? I have laughed so much thinking of you in your rocket jersey. So glad you chose to come see us versus the first half of the football game. I'm going to miss our fun times together like tonight, but I know we will have more in the future. Stay strong girl, you are such a neat person. Love you lots, good luck with the move even though I don't want you to go. I have really enjoyed our lengthy talks about miss Elli. I'll keep an extra eye on the "mouse nest" if it makes you feel any better. We'll be talking to you soon.

Gillian Brown said...

Lots of love and good luck for your move to you both!

Gil

Mary T said...

Cassi & Brian~

Thought I'd stop in and see how the move is going and to let you know I miss your updates. Can't wait until you are back on line.

Continuing to pray for strength, love, peace and understanding for you and Brian. You are so strong, stronger than you know.

May you be blessed with Angel Kisses everyday from your precious little Angel Elli.
^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^ ^j^

You will ALWAYS be
Angel (^j^) Elli's Mom.

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH

Love you all,
MaryBeth

GOOD LUCK on your interview at Jennie.......

The Grover's said...

Cassie,
I found your blog from Liviana's journey. I am so very sorry for your loss. Your blog is beautiful as you share your heart with others as you heal. My daughter, Olivianna Grace went to be with Jesus on June 24th of this year. She had CDH as well as a spinal abnormality. She lived 11 minutes and 6 precious seconds in our arms. My blog is
www.groverteam22.blogspot.com (if you would like to read our story)
Your little Ellie is beautiful and I am so happy to meet another baby who is praising Jesus with my Olivianna.
Praying for you as we continue this difficult journey.
Amber Grover

LauraT said...

Cassie, I've been thinking of you a lot and wondering about you. Hang in there kiddo. You will find a way- Somehow, someway you'll see that life will get easier. One day at a time. Just keep picking yourself up, showering, fixing your hair and though you'll never forget(not that you'd want to) I do hope your sadness will be replaced with happier thoughts. You have been through so much and I keep thinking how I don't know anyone so strong. Take care. Laura

Rachel Dominguez said...

You talk as long as you want to. There is no required length to your feelings.

You are so strong and Elli must be so proud of you both. She is so beautiful!

PS...good luck on your move. Cant wait to see the pics of the new house.

Rachel